Κυριακή 19 Απριλίου 2015

ISOLERT – Isolated Soul review

 ISOLERT – Isolated Soul
Demo
Nowadays the Greek metal scene has an abundance of bands, of quality bands I may add, which belong to all sorts of styles and genres. However, those of you who have done your homework I’m sure you know that where the Greek scene mainly specializes in is the extreme sound. We have a good tradition and throughout the years we’ve given birth to some of the best bands that exist out there. This is both positive and negative for a new coming band because it gives it a solid foundation but on the other hand it raises the bar and the expectations. I guess from my introduction I’ve made things pretty clear as to the direction ISOLERT, this duo from Volos, Greece, choose to follow. The band is very young, in fact it was only formed this year and a couple of months later they were ready to offer us this three track demo, “Isolated Soul”, in order to allow us to get a glimpse of what they want to achieve and where they are headed. So, my observations are quite clear since the band belongs to the black metal genre and more particularly it follows the teachings and principles of the Scandinavian black metal scene. Be careful, I didn’t say Norwegian, I said Scandinavian and there’s a very good reason for this… You see the Norwegian black metal scene is mainly one dimensional, repetitive and monolithic. It’s rough and raw and keeps things minimal. All these are elements that can be found in “Isolated Soul” too, but if I stopped here I’d have done half the job since the guys use this foundation and upon it they build and expand their horizons by adding dark melodies, depressive moments, some clean recitations and they even have an epic feeling and atmosphere. This means that their songs have diversity and depth, it’s like listening to a different band with each song which I find very appealing and shows an inspired band. Add to this the fact that the production is very good and the artwork beautiful and I think we have a work that the black metallers shouldn’t miss. Keep an eye on ISOLERT!
Christine  Parastatidou

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: