Κυριακή 2 Αυγούστου 2015

REMNANTS OF AUTUMN – Fragments review



REMNANTS OF AUTUMN – Fragments
Qua’Rock Records
When I first listened to this release without looking up any information I thought I had to do with a northern based band. Russia is for example famous for its doom death metal bands, it has a great abundance of them, but then I searched the web and saw that REMNANTS OF AUTUMN is an Italian trio. I really like it when I see different genres and a variety of sounds coming out from every country. Italy as we all know is mainly famous for its heavy/power and death metal scenes. So coming across a doom death metal band was really something unique for me. “Fragments” is an EP, in fact it is the debut release of the band that contains four songs and clocks in approximately 26 minutes. I mentioned earlier that REMNANTS OF AUTUMN deliver doom death metal but I think funeral doom is a tag much closer to reality. However, at the same time they also have some gothic tinges, but if I had to choose a title to encompass the essence of this band’s music then I’d opt for funeral doom. The atmospheres are heavy and dark, the songs are gloomy and overwhelm you with their bitterness and melancholy, while the vocals are deep, pained growls which means that mission is accomplished! “Fragments” is indeed a very good and solid doom death metal release which the genre fans will surely appreciate!
Christine  Parastatidou

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: