Παρασκευή 23 Οκτωβρίου 2015

ALESSANDRO SPAMPINATO – L’ Amore E Un Artista Cieco review



 ALESSANDRO SPAMPINATO – L’ Amore E Un Artista Cieco
Independent
I think that the phrase there is only good and bad music is quite accurate, but also accurate is the statement that there is music I enjoy and music that I don’t. The album of Alessandro includes music that doesn’t belong to my taste, but for this reason only it would be unfair not to present it as it deserves. So, with respect to the work and the effort of the artist I will try to do my best to present this release and hope that he will excuse me for my lack of knowledge and understand that I didn’t do that on purpose.

THE COVER: The cover of the album is quite simple I think. It shows the artist holding his guitar and having his eyes closed. Probably it is a depiction of the title of the album which in English mean that love is a blind artist.
MUSICAL STYLE: I think that the dominant element in the music of Mr. Alessandro is no other than the melody; however this doesn’t restrict him musically. On the contrary he moves between many different genres that start from pop move to rock/blues and even reach Italian folk music that gives to the whole album a sense of variety. This passage between the different musical genres happens in a natural way and the final musical amalgam is solid.
COMPOSITIONS: Here you will find 8 compositions that as I mentioned above move somewhere between melodic pop/rock and the blues. The compositions that are included here are quite emotional and the dominant emotions of this album are melancholy, love and optimism. The lyrics are in the Italian language and this might not be something that we are used to, but actually fit to the whole musical style.
CONCLUSION: This might not be my kind of music, but then I can say that for the pop/rock genre it belongs to sound good and it is obvious that the artist has put here a lot of effort and passion. The people who are into Italian pop/rock can check this out. I think that they will find here something interesting…
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: