Τετάρτη 11 Νοεμβρίου 2015

FIERCE ATMOSPHERES – Forsaken (Single) review



 FIERCE ATMOSPHERES – Forsaken (Single)
Independent
The story of FIERCE ATMOSPHERES and our zine goes way back. It is a band that has impressed me back then by their musical knowledge and their ability to transform it into good songs and they do impress me now. The only thing that makes me wonder is why this band has not become yet known or have a cult status amongst the metal fans.

It is true that FIERCE ATMOSPHERES don’t rush things and this works beneficially for them because they offer to the listener heavy metal music of high quality. Recently they have asked me to check their two new compositions which are the songs “Forsaken” and “Perfect Strangers” (yep, this is a DEEP PURPLE cover). “Forsaken” is one of the best compositions that I have listened from the band so far, because it is on the tradition of good old U.S. power metal with the necessary progressive metal twist that spices it up. Also the vocal performance is great and gives to the song a theatrical touch that you can meet on such bands like QUEENSRYCHE, SAVATAGE, STEEL PROPHET and JAG PANZER. I think I don’t have much more to say about it. It is a song that U.S. power metal fans (we have a lot of them here in Greece) will love for its quality and the inspiration that the band has put on. As for the cover, well it is faithful to the original composition and yet if you check the details you will realize that FIERCE ATMOSPHERES have managed to put in their own personality. Judging from what I have listened to here, I think that the new release of the band will be certainly something that is worth the wait.
Nick “VerKaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: