Σάββατο 13 Φεβρουαρίου 2016

REVANTHAS (band presentation)



 REVANTHAS (band presentation)
REVANTHAS is a new band from Athens and I think those who like Tolkien (personally he is not my favorite writer) you will understand that the band’s name is a mix of words from the sindarin language that the aforementioned writer created. The sindarin language is the language of the elves and the band’s name, as the members say, means Wandering Singers. It is a description that in my opinion describes their sound very well.

REVANTHAS musically have nothing to do with metal, but it is a band that a metal fan will enjoy especially if he is into symphonic, epic and fantasy heavy/power metal. Their sound is a mixture of symphonic and folk/pagan elements which are mostly inspired by the western medieval times. Their music is enchanting and travels you into worlds of fantasy. I also liked the duet between the female and male voice with one completing the other in such a beautiful way. So far the band has created two songs which are “The Dawn Will Come” (a cover of a song taken from the video game Dragon Age Inquisition) and their best according to me, which happens to be their own song under the title “Schrei es in die Winde” for which they also have created a beautiful and very professional video clip.
I close this presentation with only one demand, if it can be granted, I would like from REVANTHAS to incorporate in their sounds elements from ours medieval tradition and folk music (I mean some more Greek/Balkan sounds). The guys do what they love and it is obvious in these two songs they have released and I would love to listen in the future to more compositions from them.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: