Δευτέρα 7 Μαρτίου 2016

EPICA - The Quantum Enigma review



 EPICA - The Quantum Enigma
Nuclear Blast Records
When I recently heard this, it didn’t strike me as being that notoriously good. But the more I heard it, especially with Simone’s vocals, I grew to really like it. It’s really atmospheric and fillings with synthesizers plus other effects to make it sound more enchanting. To me, the keys were a bit loud and took over whereas when you could make out what the guitars were playing, it was awesome. Classic metal lines with leads that were ripping. The music to the album seemed glorifying and striking. It was simply breathtaking. If everything was mixed in properly though, I would’ve given this a better rating. I just felt that there should be more emphasis on the axes not the keys. The vocals were mainly clean female voice with some male growls/screams accompanied with it. That gave the album more diversity.

I thought that Simone’s vocals were not only unique, but they totally fit the music perfectly. She does wonders with her voice and I think that it should be appreciated in the metal world regarding her talent. The whole band put forth a huge effort to make this album possible.
Solid production, unique vibe to their operatic sound, gripping guitars, and gods were created when this was made. Again, just if the guitars could’ve been a little louder so that you can make-out the riffs, this would’ve gotten an even higher score. But as is, this album is a monument. Everything to look for in a metal release. I couldn’t be happier owning this album. Take a listen and you may hear that as well.
Ryan  Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: