Κυριακή 12 Ιουνίου 2016

DARK AVENGER - Tales of Avalon: The Lament Review



DARK AVENGER - Tales of Avalon: The Lament
Scarlet Records
The first time I listened to this band it was on their debut album which was titled after the band and I thought that DARK AVENGER was a band from the U.S.A. After a research that I did (I also bought the album) I learned that I was right in the continent, but not in the country. DARK AVENGER are from Brazil and while the metal scene of their country is mainly influenced by the European sound, these guys stand out.

Their new album is the third part of a concept story that began in 2001 and its second part was released in 2013. In the new album I immediately noticed that the band has progressed musically. The compositions are more complex and sometimes progressive, while lacking the immediacy that existed in the compositions of their debut album. Besides this in the new release the band introduces some symphonic elements in its sound that match the concept story. On the other hand DARK AVENGER have not lost the intensely lyrical U.S. power metal elements which bring to mind bands like CRIMSON GLORY and QUEENSRYCHE.

I cannot hide that I prefer the immediacy of the band that was present in its debut album, but I would be unfair to say that this album is not a work of maturity and it definitely has strong points. It is an album that the more you listen to, the more things you will discover.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: