Δευτέρα 30 Ιανουαρίου 2017

FALSE CODA – Secrets and Sins Review




FALSE CODA – Secrets and Sins
Independent
Well, progressive metal as a term makes me suspicious, not because I am narrow minded, but most of the bands that claim to play such kind of music end up showing off their skills and their albums mostly apply to people that want to learn an instrument or evolve on that. Personally, I belong to the big part we call metal audience without much knowledge on musical theory. So, the basic element for me to like a song is to offer me something that will make me feel or think (if those 2 can be combined then things are even better).

FALSE CODA are about to release their sophomore album which finds them with a new singer. The band describes its sound like progressive metal but they definitely belong to the exceptions of this genre, although all the musicians who are part of the band are highly skilled. It is obvious from the first listening that the band creates music and mix styles in order to support the lyrical theme of each song, to make it more vivid for the listener in order to make him participate in it. This album is an equivalent of a movie or a book and I think that this makes it interesting; it is not just a band that plays songs; it captures the mind of the listener. Also the voice of their new singer which is heavy and warm adds a lot to the album which gives to the songs a dramatic touch.

I think that the logic with which the band creates music is closer to such bands like EVERGREY, SAVATAGE, NEVERMORE and SHADOW GALLERY. Actually Jef Loomis participates in one composition in this album. I think that they deserve your attention…


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: