Δευτέρα 15 Μαΐου 2017

ASPHYX - Incoming Death Review



ASPHYX - Incoming Death
Century Media Records
More of a "blackened death metal" sort of release rather than utmost "death/doom metal" on here. I think out of the 2 ASPHYX albums that I own, this one has to be the better. I say that for many reasons. First of all, the production is solid and everything is well heard. The musicianship is much better here than previous albums. It's got a "thrashy" tinge to it as well. But overall, I'd say this is a solid death metal album. I'm not in agreement with dubbing this release as an average rating. The guitars are just ripping, thick, heavy and catchy. That's another reason why I'm thinking this is one of their best releases in a while. The intensity is there and the vocals are all pretty much deep throat. That hasn't changed with the band. They're still way underground. The aura is grim as well. I haven't gone through the lyrics, but I'm convinced that their concepts in writing words for their releases are very dark. I can appreciate the music more than anything. This remains my favorite from them.

A lot of people are illegally downloading music and won't buy the physical CD's. This keeps musicians nowadays poor. They may be writing music for the sake of writing or for their fans or both. But really people, this album is worth getting!! It has so many interesting portions to their songs it really amazes me. Their tracks aren't too fast, but faster than the other album of theirs that I have.

Really though, the guitars aren't raw, but somewhat thick and heavy. But yeah, like I said they're more "thashy" than what I'm used to from this band. All different kinds of tempos and song lengths. The only unchanging thing is the vocals. It's more like a combination of death/scream like type of vocals. It suits the music rather well. It remains to be heavy and being on Century Media is a good label. It takes them a step up from lesser known labels with rawer sounding types of productions/mixing. This one here is very well orchestrated. This producing has done the band justice.

Try some songs if available on YouTube if you decide to buy this afterwards. But I took a chance and bought it anyway. I was hearing good things about it. Rightfully so, it's a kick ass release that you can't get sick of even if you play it ad nauseum. Support the band and if you don't like it even after this gets published, I'll eat my words. It's a boon to the metal world. Enjoy!!


Ryan  “Death8699”  Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: