Τρίτη 6 Ιουνίου 2017

DEATHVALVES - Dark Stories from the Past Review




DEATHVALVES - Dark Stories from the Past
New Dream Records
It seems that Southern metal is not only what comes from the States. It seems that we have here too some heavy metal hillbillies and they are DEATHVALVES from the town of Karditsa (Greece).
The band exists from 2006 and they have already released 2 full length albums in 2007 and 2012. The new release that I am about to present to you is their third full length album and was released in 2016.

The sound of the band is tagged as heavy metal, but for me it can’t give to the listener the whole picture. Their sound has a strong southern feeling mixed also with thrash and doom metal elements. I think that the band balances well between the heaviness the grooves and the melodies that give identity to these compositions. In my opinion they have created a distinguishable sound and I can only compare them with such bands like PANTERA and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY.

I am not the most experienced person in this kind of sound, but I have to say that DEATHVALVES have managed to create an album that is interesting and the fans of this sound will surely enjoy it.


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: