Πέμπτη 28 Σεπτεμβρίου 2017

MEGADETH - Dystopia Review




MEGADETH - Dystopia
Tradecraft Records
For a while, I hated MEGADETH. That is, until I bought their re-mastered “Peace Sells...” CD that I had on tape 25 years ago. I think it was the vocals that killed my interest. Now that I have that CD, I appreciate it more and more. And with this new album, it's a great follow-up from a flop album “Super Collider”. This one rips in every respect. It just doesn't let up in originality, the vocals are tolerable and the music/leads are fantastic.

If I were to name some top albums of 2016, this one with fit in with it. The energy is just so overwhelmingly powerful. The title-track is my favorite song, hands down. The main guitar during the vocals!!

I've grown to respect MEGADETH in the realm of the metal community. But really, “Peace Sells...” will always be my favorite by them. Even though this one is strong and original, no album can replace my favorite. This one is a close second and “Holy Wars...” is another one that hits home with me.

Dave's got a biography out I think. It's available in bookstores everywhere or should be. It's worth checking out like this new album. Buy the album; don't rely just on YouTube to play it for you. Keep the scene alive!!


Ryan  “Death8699”  Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: