Τρίτη 28 Νοεμβρίου 2017

MONSTROSITY – Rise to Power Review


MONSTROSITY – Rise to Power

Conquest Music


These guys have been around for 27 years, in 1990 to be exact. They’ve been producing some quality death metal over the years. Even early on. From the Tampa area, many of the more prevalent death metal acts around. I don’t think they’ve gotten enough attention though. That’s just my view.

Personally, I’m pretty big on death metal (only when in the mood for it) but these guys kick some serious butt. 

The rhythm guitar has some serious fast picking and the musical tempos are quite furious. This album is about 50 minutes in length and it’s well worth sitting through listening to it. The leads are quite good too. This band has a dark vibe to them, especially hearing the deep vocals. I think this is one of their better albums, though I think most of their material is quite good. That’s just my opinion. Songs to check out include “Awaiting Armageddon” and the title track “Will to Power.” They’re a 5-piece act with some seriously catchy riffs. All I have are good things to say about this band. But mostly, they’re on the brutal death metal end. I like all of the songs, but the ones I mentioned the most. 

The quality of the production sound is quite good. Everything you can hear well, and the mixing did the album justice. A better produced quality here.

All in all, this album and this band need more “likes” to it. They are pretty original in the songwriting and execution. They’re able to put out some quality material over the years, this one included.

If you’re a death metal fan who hasn’t discovered MONSTROSITY, try this one!


Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: