Τρίτη 30 Ιανουαρίου 2018

RUNNING DEATH – DRESSAGE Review


RUNNING DEATH – DRESSAGE

Punishment 18 Records


Some years back was the first time that RUNNING DEATH came into my attention. Actually a good friend of mine who is into the heavy metal business proposed to me to check out and buy the EP of the band “The Call of the Extinction”. So I did. After listening to this work I realized that I had in my hands a group of musicians that are talented and skillful and most importantly they manage to transform their influences into their own personal style. So, after the EP, I have now the opportunity to check out the progress of the band since I was asked to do a presentation of their sophomore release.

Do you like it when a band mixes thrash with heavy metal elements? Personally I do and this is what I appreciate in RUNNING DEATH. Their thrash metal sound is blended with heavy metal tunes. The element that stands out in this album, and in general in the music of RUNNING DEATH, is the good sense of melody that is mixed with aggressive thrash riffs and executed in an accurate and highly technical way without tiring the listener at any moment. Although the band has a recognizable sound that stands out, they can be compared in the way they build their compositions mainly with MEGADETH and secondarily with OVERKILL too.

“Dressage” is an album worked in every detail; it has catchy melodies, very interesting riffs and is technical as hell. It is the kind of album that every time you listen to it you will discover new things and it will grow stronger in you.


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: