Κυριακή 25 Φεβρουαρίου 2018

KALEDON - Carnagus - Emperor of the Darkness Review


KALEDON - Carnagus - Emperor of the Darkness

Sleaszy Rider Records


I know the band many years and I appreciate their passion for the power metal sound that gives them all they need to keep releasing albums all these years. The band started in 1998 in Italy and up to now I was thinking that their name was a different spelling of the word Caledonia that ancient Romans used to call the land of Scotland back then. Actually Kaledon is an imaginary land that the musicians of the band have created.

Anyway, KALEDON with this release have reached, if I am not mistaken, their tenth full length album and personally speaking it is the first time they managed to draw my attention and actually made me buy the album. You see I am not a big fan of the epic symphonic power metal sound which I consider most of the times too happy failing to create an epic feeling. However, this time KALEDON have managed to create a release that is symphonic, melodic and above all heavy. They have probably created the darkest and most aggressive release of theirs up to now. The sound in this album actually fits perfectly to the concept story that is about an Emperor of darkness.

As I said this is an album that I have bought and I can easily put next to great symphonic power metal releases. Probably the best release of this sound for 2017.


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: