Παρασκευή 9 Φεβρουαρίου 2018

LONEWOLF – Raised on Metal Review


LONEWOLF – Raised on Metal

Massacre Records


Their 9th album will be released on 22th of September, so you already know which album I will buy on that day. I follow LONEWOLF from the start of their career and I also had the chance to see them live on stage here in Thessaloniki; they killed it! You see back in 2001 if you were a big RUNNING WILD fan and you were searching for groups inspired by the sound of the pirates it was hard to find such bands. LONEWOLF were one of the exceptions back then (now RUNNING WILD even have a clone band like BLAZON STONE that kick ass though) and when I listened to them I knew that I had to do with an interesting band.

LONEWOLF from the beginning didn’t hide their RUNNING WILD and IRON MAIDEN influences, but contrary to so many bands in our days they used these influences to create their own personal style… and now reaching their 9th studio release I can easily say that although the RUNNING WILD influences are still there the band has managed to build its own style. Actually I can say that “Raised on Metal” also has references to other known bands of the German metal scene like ACCEPT and GRAVE DIGGER. The harsh voice of Jens Börner fits perfectly to the sound of the band and I think that the new guitarist Michael Hellström (ELVENSTORM) has bonded very well with the rest of the band and offers the needed freshness and new influences in the band.

If you like LONEWOLF, then “Raise on Metal” won’t disappoint you at all, instead you might find it as one of the best moments in the band’s history. At least I did.


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: