Σάββατο 31 Μαρτίου 2018

STAIRS OF LIFE – The Man in a Glass Review



STAIRS OF LIFE – The Man in a Glass

Sliptrick Records


Well, STAIRS OF LIFE is not my cup of tea considering my music preferences and knowledge. I am more into the heavy metal and 70’s hard rock sound and my knowledge of rock and especially alternative rock is very limited and for this reason I ask for your understanding.

STAIRS OF LIFE were formed in Rome and is the “child” of multi-instrumentalist Luca Aldisio who wanted to create music and through it to express and communicate his thoughts and feelings to the audience. The first effort of the band is this EP which includes 4 songs.

The musical style of STAIRS OF LIFE can be described as rock music and when I say that I mean that the guys draw inspiration and are influenced from the whole specter of rock music. They build the songs in a way that will support their lyrics and the whole mood they want to pass to the audience and because of that they don’t hesitate to move through genres like classic rock, progressive rock and even alternative rock.

The whole album musically breathes out a feeling of nostalgia and even sadness and I think this has to do also with the lyrical concept of each song here. For example the song “Mask” is about the way we choose to hide our emotions and feelings and because of that we show a different face from what we are in our everyday life. “The Man in a Glass” is about alcohol addiction and “You Are Gone” is about losing love. The finals song entitled “Our Lady of Grace” differs a bit from the previous ones because it has to do with a local legend about “La Madonna di Nettuno”, the famous statue in the band’s hometown.

Although I can’t say that the band reminded me of something in specific, I think that in their sound they have influences from such bands like ANATHEMA, PINK FLOYD and PORCUPINE TREE. So, if you are into this kind of music then “The Man in a Glass” is a release that you have to check out.

Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: